Planning a party? You need to check out our ultimate party planning checklist! Created for all New Zealand parties, big and small, it will make planning your upcoming party a breeze. You can say goodbye to feeling completely lost when it comes to organizing a party, by saying hello to our ultimate party planning checklist! Designed specifically for New Zealand businesses and individuals, your party to-do-list will help you in all stages of your planning. From choosing a venue through to food and party entertainment, it’s all here! Having been in the entertainment industry for many years, we’ve attended hundreds of different events. Big and small, each one was different and the planning of the party played a large role in its success. We’ve collated our observations of and knowledge about parties here for you in your ultimate NZ party planning checklist.
Our Ultimate Party Planning Checklist
You’re having a party: awesome. You’ll have decided upon the reason for the party, how many guests you’re inviting and a budget. Next comes the many different decisions you’ll need to make. To help you avoid missing them, here’s our party planning checklist:
- Book a party venue – you’ll want somewhere accessible, suitable and can accommodate your guests. It also needs to have the facilities you require. It’s also a good time to decide on how you will decorate the venue and what you’ll need. Or you could ask the venue management to organise that for you.
- Send out invitations – be clear on where the venue is, the reason for and time of the party, and how guests will RSVP.
- Organise the food – caterers book out well in advance. Get in touch with a range of local caterers to compare prices. Or if you are self-catering, make a list of the food you will have, what you need to buy and the order you will make it.
- Book party entertainers – this could be as simple as a clown or magician who can perform a single show at a child’s party. Alternatively, you could engage all the little guests by having everyone’s face painted, or receiving a glitter tattoo. For an adult party, why not book an SFX makeup and face painting artist? The results would be a gruesome time for all.
- Sort out music – music playing in the background works well as a party ice breaker. It also helps to set the theme of your party. Work out a playlist for the party, plus the equipment you will need to use – and test it beforehand!