Here are 10 facts about me you probably didn’t know!
How often do you actually know anything about the business owners you interact with?
1. I started out as a face painter at age 16 as a part-time job because I earnt more money than anything else, not at all realising it would soon develop into my future business venture The Magic Brush. It was what got me into body art & SFX Makeup; something I’m super passionate about.
2. I lived in Los Angeles for 5 months in 2013 studying SFX Makeup at the Cinema Makeup school; Hollywood’s Professional Makeup School and trained with/ worked alongside participants of Syfy’s Face Off Television series.
3. I finished studying fashion design at AUT in 2008, specializing in Shima Seiki whole-garment knit technology. I wanted to pursue this as a career in NZ however decided #eventlife was for me, so incorporated my business The Magic Brush the same year. Itchy feet much?
4. Even though I run a creative event business I actually am a secret geek – I’m obsessed with finding cool new gadgets for home & business automation that make my life more efficient.
5. I can be a ‘Devil wears Prada’ boss when I need to be. If I need something done, I’ll find a way & I’m not one to roll over.
6. I bought a house at age 24 – #girlboss
7. I have no tattoos or piercings which is very strange for ‘creative’. I’ve always been a leader, not a follower; perhaps I’m challenging the status-quo.
8. I get extremely itchy feet if I haven’t travelled in a while.
9. I have a knack for taking on challenges and time-restricted projects that are super impossible and almost kill us trying to finish on time – the girls in the office think I’m an adrenaline junky. (Disclaimer – They love it too and sometimes encourage my ways). It’s super rewarding but we are all zombies at the end!
10. I got Cassie to draft this for me because; 1. It means I can be more time-efficient 2. I rely heavily on my minions – I couldn’t even think of any facts when she asked! #toomanytasks #toolittletime #themagicbrush
Enjoyed this topic? I’d encourage you to do the same. Small business is all about the people behind the business, we’d love to know more about you.